Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rahul <ra...@clear.net.nz> on 2003/06/21 00:39:26 UTC

Design Patterns

Guys,

I came across this coool article on core Design Patterns in J2EE. Check it out !

http://javaoneonline.mentorware.net/servlet/mware.servlets.StudentServlet?mt=1055755038320&mwaction=generic&subsysid=2000&file=dan_malks

Also, It would be interesting to know what patterns we are using in Struts. Pointers to classes that consitute a pattern would be great !!
And i think it would be a good idea to have this thread as a one stop guide to patterns in struts ! I can assort the responses and post them up (somewhere?) for ready reference.

cheers :-)

~rahul

Re: Design Patterns

Posted by Martin Naskovski <mn...@san.rr.com>.
The Struts in Action book makes a mention of all the design patterns
used throughout Struts.  It is really not that hard to guess (e.g.
ActionServlet plays 'front controller'), etc.  You can go to
www.javasoft.com, and search for J2EE Blueprints, to find out which
patterns are the core patterns, and probably figure out which one is
which in Struts :).

Martin