Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Nicolas Muller <n....@nouvellemarque.com> on 2010/09/21 10:43:43 UTC

Questions about build process

Hi,

Sorry for my stupid question but I would like to add sources and features to
common source code. For the moment I am learning how to use Maven.

With Netbeans 6.9, it is good to start the projet with the goal
"jetty:run-war"

Therefore I don't understand these points if you have some answers :

.         Do I need to use other projects than "Apache Roller Weblogger Web
Application" to modify source ?

.         How to have hot refresh code ?

.         Is it easy to replace jetty by Glassfish (hot code deploy easy) or
Tomcat ?

My questions are relative to Maven and build process. For the code and other
technos, no problem to modify Roller J

I knew very well Ant and the previous release. For this one, I lost L with
maven architecture.

To finish, is there a place (a wiki for example) to put these explanations
for any developers ?

Best regards,

Nicolas

NetBeans: Executing 'mvn.bat -Dmaven.test.skip=true
-Dnetbeans.execution=true jetty:run-war'

NetBeans:      JAVA_HOME=C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_19

Scanning for projects...

Building Apache Roller Weblogger Web Application

   task-segment: [jetty:run-war]

Preparing jetty:run-war

.

.

.

Configuring Jetty for project: Apache Roller Weblogger Web Application

Configuring Jetty from xml configuration file =
C:\roller\opensourced\roller\weblogger-web\target\jetty.xml

2010-09-21 10:35:19.362:INFO::Logging to STDERR via
org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog

2010-09-21 10:35:19.456:INFO::Redirecting stderr/stdout to
C:\roller\opensourced\roller\weblogger-web\target\work\2010_09_21.stderrout.
log