Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> on 2016/09/27 02:01:10 UTC

Editing the release notes wiki

I had foolishly assumed that editing the Wiki would be reasonably easy.
It isn't.

I need to add a child page to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Releases, and don't
see an "Add Page" link.

Re: Editing the release notes wiki

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
On 9/27/2016 5:01 AM, J�rg Schmidt wrote:

>> From: Patricia Shanahan [mailto:pats@acm.org]
>
>> I look at
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3
>> +Release+Notes,
>> and don't see any option to edit, other than the Firefox edit menu.
>
> Technically, the icon is not in Confluence menu, but on the wiki page. Could it be you have the page scrolled, and therefore do not see the icon?
>
> Here is a screenshot (German GUI):
> http://www.calc-info.de/files/wiki-gui.gif

Keith had previously sent me a screenshot. I can see the other links in
the same area, but not edit.

I think I may have found the problem, but need admin help to sort it
out. I seem to have two confluence accounts. I suspect the one I can log
into is not the one that has been granted privileges appropriate for a
committer and release manager.

I would like the account that does not have my e-mail address deleted,
and the account with my e-mail address granted the privileges I need.

RE: Editing the release notes wiki

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

I see we overlapped :)

Gav...

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

now swapped the two. Privileges had been given to pats at apache.org

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
On 9/27/2016 5:20 PM, Gavin McDonald wrote:

> [...]

The "pats" account works fine now. I see "Edit" as an option next to
"Watch".

> In order to avoid confusion in the future can I suggest we delete or deactivate
> the other account ? (pats@apache.org) which you haven\u2019t logged into since
> June 2013.

Yes please.

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

the other account ? (pats@apache.org) which you haven’t logged into since
June 2013.

HTH

Gav...

Re: Editing the release notes wiki

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

pats@apache.org

Re: Editing the release notes wiki

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> On 9/27/2016 5:01 AM, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> From: Patricia Shanahan [mailto:pats@acm.org]
>>
>>> I look at
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3
>>> +Release+Notes,
>>> and don't see any option to edit, other than the Firefox edit menu.
>>
>> Technically, the icon is not in Confluence menu, but on the wiki page.
>> Could it be you have the page scrolled, and therefore do not see the
>> icon?
>>
>> Here is a screenshot (German GUI):
>> http://www.calc-info.de/files/wiki-gui.gif
>
> Keith had previously sent me a screenshot. I can see the other links in
> the same area, but not edit.
>
> I think I may have found the problem, but need admin help to sort it
> out. I seem to have two confluence accounts. I suspect the one I can log
> into is not the one that has been granted privileges appropriate for a
> committer and release manager.
>
> I would like the account that does not have my e-mail address deleted,
> and the account with my e-mail address granted the privileges I need.
Patricia;
In the OpenOffice space on Confluence the only Account you have is your
apache.org email account and it has all the privileges you need. That is
the username you should be logging into to edit AOO content. Try logging
out of the account that you are in and then login using your apache.org
email address as username. If that does not work we may have to elevate
it to infra as I have done all I can think of as a space administrator.

Regards
Keith

Re: Editing the release notes wiki

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.
> From: Patricia Shanahan [mailto:pats@acm.org]

> I look at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3
> +Release+Notes,
> and don't see any option to edit, other than the Firefox edit menu.

Technically, the icon is not in Confluence menu, but on the wiki page. Could it be you have the page scrolled, and therefore do not see the icon?

Here is a screenshot (German GUI):
http://www.calc-info.de/files/wiki-gui.gif

Jörg

Re: Editing the release notes wiki

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

On 9/26/2016 11:01 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> Patricia Shanahan wrote:

>>> I have checked the permissions on your cwiki account and you have
>>> permissions to add pages, add and delete comments and add and delete
>>> attachments. If you are still having trouble, reply to the list and I
>>> our one of the other admins will look into it further.
>>
>> I look at
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes,
>> and don't see any option to edit, other than the Firefox edit menu.
> Patricia;
> Are you logged into the wiki? If you are attached is a screen shot of
> what you should be seeing. They edit icon is the fourth one over from
> the right hand edge.

In "Profile" it shows my name and e-mail correctly, so I assume I am
logged in.

I have the Watch, Share, and "..." icons, but not the Edit icon.

Re: Editing the release notes wiki

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
You usually make a request on doc@ or here on dev@, giving the user name you have on the CWiki, and one of the administrators will give you the karma.  I know Keith was doing that for folks who wanted to work on documentation.

According to the record we have for such things, Andrea and Dave Fisher can also do it.

 - Dennis

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.