Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Marcio de Oliveira Buss <ma...@ics.uci.edu> on 2002/10/03 22:34:37 UTC

Fop not working properly

Folks,

I had a problem with Jimi that I solved thanks to
Christian Geisert (thanks!). Now I got another problem,
which is:

~/fop-0.20.4/fop.sh -fo timeline.fo -pdf timeline.pdf

[INFO] FOP 0.20.4
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[ERROR] property - "background-attachment" is not implemented yet.
[ERROR] property - "background-position-horizontal" is not implemented
yet.
[ERROR] property - "background-position-vertical" is not implemented
yet.
[ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
[ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
[ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
[ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
[ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
[ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
[ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
[INFO] [1]
[INFO] [2]
[INFO] [3]
[INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

Seems like I am using a wrong version of something, probably the
xsl processor(?).

I wrote a DocBook-XML file and I generated the "timeline.fo" file using
the
pre-installed packages found in Red Hat Linux 7.3 (xsltproc), like this:

xsltproc -o timeline.fo
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylsheets/fo/docbook.xsl timeline.xml

Thank you for your help.
-Marcio Buss.

Re: Fop not working properly

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Marcio de Oliveira Buss wrote:

> [ERROR] property - "background-attachment" is not implemented yet.

> Seems like I am using a wrong version of something, probably the
> xsl processor(?).
Why do you think so? "Not implemented" means exactly non implemented yet
property. Try to avoid these properties if you can.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team

RE: Fop not working properly

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
Marcio Buss wrote:

> ~/fop-0.20.4/fop.sh -fo timeline.fo -pdf timeline.pdf
>
> [INFO] FOP 0.20.4
> [INFO] building formatting object tree
> [ERROR] property - "background-attachment" is not implemented yet.
> [ERROR] property - "background-position-horizontal" is not implemented
> yet.
> [ERROR] property - "background-position-vertical" is not implemented
> yet.
> [ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
> [ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
> [ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
> [ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
> [ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
> [ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
> [ERROR] property - "last-line-end-indent" is not implemented yet.
> [INFO] [1]
> [INFO] [2]
> [INFO] [3]
> [INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

Marcio:

The "Parsing of document complete" message means that FOP successfully
finished the job. The "not implemented yet" messages simply mean that FOP
does not yet support the properties that you have tried to use. Your
document should have successfully rendered, but it will be without these
features.

Victor Mote (mailto:vic@outfitr.com)
Enterprise Outfitters (www.outfitr.com)
2025 Eddington Way