Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Marc Loeb <ma...@bluesky-information.com> on 2012/04/10 20:41:19 UTC

Control Activity Level of sound played by flash player

Hi
I create a video player based on flash. A video can be recorded with a
different sound level - making some videos with the current volume setting
very loud, some very silent. I was searching an API in Flash that allows me
to set the volume on the used players dynamically. I was thinking that I
found it in SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() and wanted to use it in combination
with the SoundTransform volume property. But realized there are security
issues with youtube, throwing an SecurityError 2122 asking for an
crossdomain.xml which they seem not to provide.
http://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/issues/detail?id=1719
Is there another approach that would allow me to achieve an automatic sound
ajustment so the user would have the same sound volume level - independent
from the level a video was recorded with?
Thanks!
Marc

Re: Control Activity Level of sound played by flash player

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.
Marc,

This mailing list is for framework development questions.  You're
question would probably be better served on Stack Overflow (or
similar).

Regards,

JP

--