Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Ray Krueger <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/28 21:29:52 UTC

Single JAR distribution?

Are there any plans to have a single cxf-version.jar distribution?
There are just too many modules to figure out. I'm lazy and I don't
really care how big the jar is. Spring is available in modular jars,
or as one big spring-version.jar; any chance CXF would do something
similar?

Re: Single JAR distribution?

Posted by Ray Krueger <ra...@gmail.com>.
yeah I was using that before, it definitely makes a mess of things.
Especially if you're using "downloadSources" with the idea plugin.
Some of the classes are in bundle, but then it still downloads the
dependencies. So when  you click into a class from IDEA you end up
with a crapshoot of whether or not it will take you to the module
artifact with source, or the bundle artifact without source. It's
annoying.

I've got my pom.xml down to exactly what I need anyway, which is
great. The problem is that my company has a local jar repository and
getting jars into it is a pain. One big jar is easy to put in, lots of
little ones takes an aggravatingly long time...

Not a big deal, and definitely not a deal breaker for me using CXF at
this point :)

Re: Single JAR distribution?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--