Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Avijit Basak <av...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/22 12:47:45 UTC

[MATH][GENETICS][PR#199] Decision on retention of ASCII Art in Javadoc section

Hi All

        I would like to inform everyone that there is some ASCII art in the
javadoc section in some classes like OnePointCrossover etc. This is taken
unaltered from the previous release of math library. We need to decide
whether we should keep them in the next release or remove them. I would
like to request everyone to share their opinion.

Thanks & Regards
-- Avijit Basak

Re: [MATH][GENETICS][PR#199] Decision on retention of ASCII Art in Javadoc section

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Le lun. 22 nov. 2021 à 13:48, Avijit Basak <av...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi All
>
>         I would like to inform everyone that there is some ASCII art in the
> javadoc section in some classes like OnePointCrossover etc. This is taken
> unaltered from the previous release of math library. We need to decide
> whether we should keep them in the next release or remove them. I would
> like to request everyone to share their opinion.

As I indicated previously, the top preference has, for years, been to
use links to standard references (either Wikipedia[1] or Mathworld)
when they exist.
These days, nobody will bother making sense of ASCII art whenever
nice graphics and thorough explanations are one click away.

Gilles

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossover_(genetic_algorithm)