Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2009/03/24 11:42:10 UTC

[0.5] Release slipping due to outstanding bug fixing and reviews

Hi,

Apologies for the radio silence as I have been busy with testing and
review of the Java Broker Flow to Disk .

We were due to start the vote this week on 0.5 but there are still a
few blocking issues that we need to resolve.

How has everyone else's testing gone? Does anyone else have any blockers?

Looking at the list of outstanding work I would say that the release
is going to slip at least a week.

If everyone can make a concerted effort to close out the issues for
0.5 then we can look to create an RC:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310520&status=1&status=3&status=4&fixfor=12313597&sorter/field=reporter&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=assignee&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=ASC

Also there are still quite a few JIRAs still pending review. The
review of these items could incur more dev work so could the
assignee's please try and complete their reviews ASAP.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310520&status=10006&fixfor=12313597&sorter/field=reporter&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=assignee&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=ASC

The final thing that we need to sort out is the new packages. There
are a few that are not currently built automatically and it would be
great if we could have some people step up and complete these. To see
what is still outstanding take a look at the sub JIRAs here:

Regards

Martin
--
Martin Ritchie

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: [0.5] Release slipping due to outstanding bug fixing and reviews

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
> We were due to start the vote this week on 0.5 but there are still a
> few blocking issues that we need to resolve.
>
> How has everyone else's testing gone? Does anyone else have
> any blockers?

I have QPID-1765 which would get the C++ unit tests running on
Windows. This would be beneficial, if not necessary. I would like some
review by other C++ people before putting it in.

I know there are about 8 unit test failures on Windows and I'll get as
much of that fixed as I can but none are blockers.

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org