Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/06/23 20:01:59 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "OtherTricks" by mperkel

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by mperkel:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/OtherTricks

  }}}

  I (Marc Perkel/Junk Email Filter) have now been using this technique for almost 2 years now without any problems. I am now harvesting the data and developing black lists based on hosts that connect ONLY to the highest numbered MX records and do not close the connection with the QUIT command after receiving a 4xx error. The blacklist has grown to over a million entries. The block list is public using our hostkarma list. Go to http://wiki.junkemailfilter.com/index.php/Spam_DNS_Lists fo SA rules to use this list.
+
+ === Help Build a Blacklist ===
+
+ If you want to get rid of some spam using fake high MX records and you want to help us (us being junkemailfilter.com) build a blacklist then you can use our host (tarbaby.junkemailfilter.com) for your fake MX record. We will return a 451 error after the DATA command. This blacklist will help us and everyone using our blacklist to track virus infected spambots. And you are welcome to use our blacklists to further reduce spam. Your MX records can be as simple as this:
+
+ {{{
+  mail.yourdomain.com  10
+  tarbaby.junkemailfilter.com 30