Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tom Butts <to...@oc.com> on 2007/03/01 17:27:32 UTC

embedded tomcat security problem

Hello

I am trying to get tomcat 5.0.28 running with the "manager" webapp but
when I try to access any of the manager commands I get the following
error.

java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class
org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet is privileged and cannot be
loaded by this web application

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authenticator
Base.java:540)

:118)

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:79
9)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:57
7)

.java:683)
        java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.