Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/27 10:57:04 UTC

Configuring OpenWhisk

This is a followup on a long pending todo [1] around how we configure
OpenWhisk.

I have added a wiki proposal [2] which documents the current mode of
configuring OpenWhisk and then proposes on how to configure going forward.

PR 4309 [3] is also related to same which enables using typesafe config
directly in ansible based deployment. Similar changes can later be don in
kube and docker-compose based setup

Kindly have a look and we can discuss in next Tech Interchange call

Chetan Mehrotra
[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ae781754107edcebc7e07fb0cf60d9c50531e3741bcea64cb6298939@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/Configuring+OpenWhisk
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/4309

Re: Configuring OpenWhisk

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
> Currently, we can simply run "docker inspect" to see the configured
values,
> but with this change, we need a base64 decoder every time.

Yes that would be required. Another approach can be to use the plain env
support (#3984)  which uses `OPENWHISK_CONFIG` env variable. We found this
to be problematic in some cases where env values were specified in json.
Hence defaulting to encoded approach on safe side

Chetan Mehrotra

Re: Configuring OpenWhisk

Posted by Dominic Kim <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chetan.