Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Gaurav Srivastava <ga...@pranenterprises.com> on 2007/03/13 06:29:58 UTC

new query

How to search numbers using Lucene API
I an using a demo application so as to search the documents but when i
search the numbers or alphanumeric text it appends an empty space and no
hits are returned any help would be appreciated

Re: new query

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
you'll probably get more responses to a question about how to use lucene
if you use the java-user list (the java-dev list is for discussing
deevelopment of the core lucene library)

: How to search numbers using Lucene API
: I an using a demo application so as to search the documents but when i
: search the numbers or alphanumeric text it appends an empty space and no
: hits are returned any help would be appreciated

lucene allows for searcihhng anything htat can be expressed as a string
... if you are having problems with numbers and alphanumeric text then it
may be because of hte analyzer you have choosen .. searching the archives
will turn up a bunch of good info on diagnosing analyzer issues ... if you
have followup questions, please post them with examples of the code you
are trying and the input/output you are getting to java-user

-Hoss