Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Dowling <mi...@e-acumen.com> on 2000/10/06 00:56:38 UTC

IBM JDK 1.3

Has anyone here noticed wierdness with IBM's IDK1.3 on Linux?  Tomcat 3.1
(and some other java apps) keep hanging (what seems to be randomly) while
using it...

RH 6.2 with 2.2.17smp kernel...

thanks, mdd

--
Michael Dowling <mi...@e-acumen.com>
Vice President, Technology

For PGP key, email: michael-pgp@e-acumen.com

415.255.2250 main
415.255.2218 fax
415.613.4959 cell

Re: IBM JDK 1.3

Posted by James Taylor <jt...@nybor.com>.
Are you using the new service release ( SR1 ) ?

They apparently fixed a bug which caused hangs in most applications on SMP
systems.

I have not tested it on an SMP system yet however.

It did fix the ResourceNotFound exception ( looking for the en bundle ) I
was having with tomcat. Bravo!

Re: IBM JDK 1.3

Posted by anil <an...@awcoldstream.com>.
I meant Linux kernel. I do not think IBM jdk supports smp on Linux or NT.  I am
not sure about this.
I have seen post about that about month ago.
Anil

RE: IBM JDK 1.3

Posted by Pankaj Malviya <pa...@internetdevices.com>.
Hi Anil,

Recompile what with multiprocessor off. Could you elaborate.

Pankaj

IBM JDK 1.3 does not support smp. I hava same setup. Recompile with multi
processor off.

Anil

RE: IBM JDK 1.3

Posted by Michael Dowling <mi...@e-acumen.com>.
> IBM JDK 1.3 does not support smp. I hava same setup. Recompile with multi
> processor off.

well that's just plain silly of IBM.

Howabout Sun's RC JDK1.3 for linux?  That's been giving me similar issues
(tho, mainly with JDBC -- it just hangs (randomly) while trying to get a
connection!)....

ugh

thanks, mdd

Re: IBM JDK 1.3