Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2007/05/01 11:06:50 UTC

Re: Why we have our own SAXParser interface?

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler napisał(a):
>> The main reason was to have a simple bean based implementation
>> that is not tied to Avalon/Excalibur.
>> The sax parser is one of our core components so having this inside
>> Cocoon makes sense and reduces dependencies while at the same time
>> allows refactoring the stuff to better fit our needs.
>
> Just to be sure: we should opt for using new interface everywhere
> in Cocoon, right?

Yes, I think so - at least for new code we should use the new
interfaces.
Actually I forgot the main reason for the new stuff :) The Avalon
version is pooled which does not fit nicely into the bean approach
(and Spring); we have supported for pooling Avalon components, but
obviously pooling is not the best solution. The new stuff does not
require pooling anymore.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler

Re: Why we have our own SAXParser interface?

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler napisał(a):

> Yes, I think so - at least for new code we should use the new interfaces.
> Actually I forgot the main reason for the new stuff :) The Avalon
> version is pooled which does not fit nicely into the bean approach (and
> Spring); we have supported for pooling Avalon components, but obviously
> pooling is not the best solution. The new stuff does not require pooling
> anymore.

I see. Thanks for explanation!

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski