Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Xiangying Meng <xi...@apache.org> on 2023/09/27 07:04:43 UTC

[VOTE] PIP-302 Introduce refreshAsync API for TableView

Hi dev,
   This thread is to start a vote for PIP-302 Add new API
refreshAsync for TableView.
Discuss thread: https://lists.apache.org/thread/o085y2314o0fymvx0x8pojmgjwcwn59q
PIP: https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/21166

BR,
Xiangying

Re: [VOTE] PIP-302 Introduce refreshAsync API for TableView

Posted by Baodi Shi <ba...@apache.org>.
+1 (no-binding)

Thanks,
Baodi Shi

Posted by Yubiao Feng <yu...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
+1 (no-binding)

Posted by Dezhi Liu <de...@apache.org>.
+1

Thanks,
Dezhi

Posted by Xiangying Meng <xi...@apache.org>.
Close this vote with 3 +1(binding)
- Penghui
- Jiwei Guo (Tboy)
- Mattison

Posted by mattison chao <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding)

Posted by Yunze Xu <xy...@apache.org>.
Totally I'm +0 at the moment. I'm still wondering which issue you
really want to resolve. I left a comment
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/21271#issuecomment-1751899833.
Generally you can get latest value unless the producer is far quicker
than the reader. However, even with the refreshAsync() method, in the
future's callback, the data could still be updated.

From my perspective, this proposal only makes sense when you can

Posted by 太上玄元道君 <da...@apache.org>.
+1 (no-binding)

Posted by guo jiwei <te...@apache.org>.