Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alan Little <da...@holotech.net> on 2006/03/12 20:38:34 UTC

Re[2]: [users@httpd] Conditional Directives

Well, for example, all my sites are mirrored on my local machine, with
a .loc TLD. There are things I use on the live sites that I don't need
or want on the local mirror -- script wrapping, authentication, etc.
It would make it easier if I could test HTTP_HOST and configure
accordingly. The altertnative is to maintain separate .htaccess files,
which is a PITB.

I'm surprised there's no capability for this; I can't be the first
person to have thought of it, and it seems like it would be a good
thing to have.

--
Alan Little
Holotech Enterprises

Re: Re[2]: [users@httpd] Conditional Directives

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 3/12/06, Alan Little <da...@holotech.net> wrote:
> Well, for example, all my sites are mirrored on my local machine, with
> a .loc TLD. There are things I use on the live sites that I don't need
> or want on the local mirror -- script wrapping, authentication, etc.
> It would make it easier if I could test HTTP_HOST and configure
> accordingly. The altertnative is to maintain separate .htaccess files,
> which is a PITB.
>
> I'm surprised there's no capability for this; I can't be the first
> person to have thought of it, and it seems like it would be a good
> thing to have.

The standard way to handle this is to wrap directives in
<IfDefine LocalMirror>
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine !LocalMirror>
</IfDefine>
Then start apache with -DLocalMirror on the affected machine.

Joshua.