Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Heidy Gutiérrez Guzmán <he...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/18 19:31:32 UTC

JSTL versus Struts

When I search information about the best practice for programing in Struts.
I find: You should to use JSTL before the struts tags.Why?

Re: JSTL versus Struts

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Heidy Gutiérrez Guzmán <he...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> When I search information about the best practice
> for programing in Struts. I find: You should to use
> JSTL before the struts tags. Why?

For S1, because JSTL is "more standard" and duplicates
functionality found in the "less standard" Struts
tags. Plus the S1 tags aren't... overly maintained.

That said, the <html:.../> tags are pretty useful as
well as a couple of the <logic:.../> tags.

Just my $0.02.

d.