Posted to dev@diversity.apache.org by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@apache.org> on 2019/06/07 17:02:00 UTC

May Report to the Board

Hi folks - I just submitted the May report to the board. I apologize for
not sharing previously to collect your input, I'll get in a better cadence
next month.

Here is what I shared, please let me know if you have any comments:

- The Diversity and Inclusion committee is a group of individuals working
towards generating a current
description of the D&I landscape in the industry and for the foundation. We
are also focused on developing
resources the projects can leverage to increase diversity and inclusion in
their communities

## Issues:
- There are discussion around the formation of the committee, the board is
aware of them

## Activity:
- We were established as a committee on May 2019
- We requested infra resources for the committee: Jira board, mailing
lists, wiki page and web landing page
- We started discussions on defining our values, mission, vision and goals
for 2019, 2020 and 2025
- We launched a Diversity FAQ section
- We outlined a 2020 budget request to present to the board
- We started threads to share reading materials, talks, etc.
- We started discussions around diversity and inclusion content at ApacheCon

## Health report:
- The committee is healthy, is active, but we could use more input from new
folks in the community
- We also need to focus on landing more deliverables

## Committee members changes:
- The committee was created with 18 members

## Releases:
- We haven't launched/shipped/delivered anything yet

## Mailing list activity:

  - diversity@apache.org:
    - 399 emails sent by 45 people, divided into 37 topics

  - dev@diversity.apache.org:
    - 44 emails sent by 24 people, divided into 16 topics

  - private@diversity.apache.org:
    - 37 emails sent by 14 people, divided into 14 topics

## JIRA activity:

  - 7 JIRA tickets created in the last month