Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com> on 2012/11/06 11:38:55 UTC

RE: svn commit: r1406080 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/index/nodetype/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/index/property/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbi...

Hi,

I separated the two because I think it's the responsibility of the query
engine to use multiple indexes based on cost when there is more than
one restriction on a filter. This is not implemented right now, but I think
we will have to do that anyway to efficiently execute this query:

//element(*, nt:resource)[jcr:contains(., 'foo')]

the node type index can take care of 'element(*, nt:resource)' but for
the jcr:contains(., 'foo') we'd probably want to leverage the lucene
index implementation. neither of the two should know about the
other.

Regards
 Marcel