Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by gsanz <go...@hotmail.com> on 2010/02/12 13:44:03 UTC

Problems with remote connection with FUSE 4.0.0.4

Hello I have installed fuse ESB in a machine with LInux installed ( Ubuntu
9.04 ) .
The remote machine has the following IP address : 158.42.54.5 .

In the remote machine The contents of the file  :
/opt/iona/fuse-esb-4.0.0.4/etc/org.apache.servicemix.management.cfg are the
following :

rmiRegistryPort = 1099
jmxLogin        = smx
jmxPassword     = smx
serviceUrl      = service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi
daemon          = true
threaded        = true
objectName      = connector:name=rmi

IN the remote machine The contens of the file
/opt/iona/fuse-esb-4.0.0.4/etc/org.apache.servicemix.shell.cfg are the
following :

startLocalConsole=${servicemix.startLocalConsole}
startRemoteShell=${servicemix.startRemoteShell}
remoteShellLocation=tcp://0.0.0.0:8101/

 I try to connect to the remote machine machine from other machine which has
Windows XP SP 2 installed and FUSE ESB 4.0.0.4 installed but the remote
connection is not possible .
 I follow this link
http://servicemix.apache.org/kernel/42-remote-console.html and exec

C:\iona\fuse-esb-4.0.0.4\lib>java -jar servicemix-client.jar -a 158.42.54.5
-u smx -p smx

And I obtain the following result :

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: port out of range:-1
        at java.net.InetSocketAddress.<init>(InetSocketAddress.java:83)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.whisper.transport.tcp.TcpAddressFactory.cr
eate(TcpAddressFactory.java:42)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.whisper.transport.tcp.TcpAddressFactory.cr
eate(TcpAddressFactory.java:35)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.whisper.transport.base.BaseTransport.conne
ct(BaseTransport.java:114)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.whisper.transport.base.SpringBaseTransport
Factory.connect(SpringBaseTransportFactory.java:75)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.whisper.transport.base.SpringBaseTransport
Factory.connect(SpringBaseTransportFactory.java:35)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.kernel.client.RshClient.connect(RshClient.java:
96)
        at org.apache.servicemix.kernel.client.Main.main(Main.java:88)

It is supposed that the user and password for fuse-esb are jmx . I have also
tried with the user and password of the machine and I also have the same
problem :
java -jar servicemix-client.jar -a 158.42.54.5 -u user_machine -p
password_machine

It is supposed that it is a mistake in the file configuration , but I do no
t know where the mistake is .In the file of the remote machine
org.apache.servicemix.shell.cfg I have tried to change the
remoteShellLocation to tcp://158.42.54.5:8101/ but I have the same mistake
and fuse can not be started well.

Can anybody help me ?
Thanks

Re: Problems with remote connection with FUSE 4.0.0.4

Posted by gsanz <go...@hotmail.com>.
Hello , I have been trying a remote connection between two machines with Fuse
ESB 4.0.0.4 with service-client.jar and I always get the same exception (
the exception which explained before ).
I execute "java -jar servicemix-client.jar --help" and I obtain the
following results :

C:\iona\fuse-esb-4.0.0.4\lib>java -jar servicemix-client.jar --help
Apache ServiceMix Kernel client
  -a [address]  specify the URL to connect to
  -u [user]     specify the user name
  -p [password] specify the password
  --help        shows this help message

Now I have a doubt : it is supposed that -a parameter is for URL : how must
the URL parameter be specified ; do I have to put the port and Ip address.
java -jar servicemix-client.jar -a 158.42.54.5:8101 -u smx -p smx
or
java -jar servicemix -a 158.42.54.5 -u smx -p smx

I always get the same exception. Do you know where I can find that
information ?
As I could not get a remote connection between two machines with Fuse
4.0.0.4 installed , I have tried to connect a machine with Fuse 4.1.0.0 with
a machine with Fuse 4.0.0.4 ( the same machine which have been used in the
first post . The machine which LInux installed . The same files ).I execute
the following commands and obtain the following exception :

root@albert-desktop:/opt/test/fuse-esb-4.1.0.0/lib# java -jar
servicemix-client.jar -a 8101 -h 158.42.54.5 -u smx -p smx
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Session is closed
    at
com.google.code.sshd.client.session.ClientSessionImpl.authPassword(ClientSessionImpl.java:42)
    at org.apache.servicemix.kernel.client.Main.main(Main.java:74)

Do you know why could this mistake be or where I can get information about
that mistake ?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Looking at the code, I think the -a parameter is for setting the port
number instead of the IP address.  You're probably getting the
exception because the IP address (with the . in it) can not be
converted to an integer.  At this point in time, I would definitely
recommend you to take a look at the latest 4.2.0 snapshots (for
Apache) or release candidates -- final releases are planned in the
very short term.  This version is using the latest Apache Felix Karaf
(which emerged from the ServiceMix Kernel code you're using now) with
a lot of bug fixes and improvements in it (I even think there's a few
that apply very specifically to your use, with linux servers and
remote connections).

You can download the latest snapshot from
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group/org/apache/servicemix/apache-servicemix/4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com