Posted to bcel-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/04 05:07:44 UTC

[vote] SVN migration asap

Vote to migrate to svn as soon as Infra and I can sort things out. The
migration would use the following simple svn strategy that we agreed
upon:

**************
The Jakarta Project has decided to move jakarta-bcel to subversion.

We need to export

jakarta-bcel

to SVN and then lock the CVS module.

The resulting repo we need is:

/jakarta/
  /bcel/
    /branches/
    /tags/
    /trunk/

Upon conversion, the website will be modified to link to the
svn.apache.org repository instead of cvs.
***************

The process is one in which Infra setup a test repo briefly, so those
watching the migration can check that it looks good, then they freeze
the CVS and migrate into the proper asf repo. I doubt there'll be any
problems with BCEL, it's an easy one. I've already checked all the
binary files are properly binaried in CVS.

[ ] +1
[ ] -1

Hen

Annotations update

Posted by Dave Brosius <db...@qis.net>.
It would seem I have parsing of RuntimeVisibleAnnotations and
RuntimeInvisibleAnnotations working now.

I still need to add accessor methods for getting all the info out of them,
as well as the support for building new ones.

Two things I am puzzling over, is

1) How deep do the visitors go? Annotations are rather convoluted beasties.
Here's the containment hierarchy

Annotations

  -----AnnotationEntry

            -------ElementValuePair

                          ------ElementValue

Currently the visitor visits, Annotation and AnnotationEntry, but we could
choose to go deeper, just not sure how bloated the visitor should be.

2) ElementValue is really a c-style union structure, based on a tag.

Currently I'm am just holding all the various union values in this one class
(5 different union sections), and in the accessor methods, I make sure that
you are allowed to access the section of the union that you are asking for
based on the tag. Obviously from a purity standpoint, this is foogly.
ElementValue certainly could be derived from for each union section, but
that makes the Annotation code even more heavy (see above). Any thoughts?

There will be 2 additional method ParameterAnnotations classes, as well as a
AnnotationDefault attribute, so this section is pretty beafy, as is.

--thanks, dave

Re: [vote] SVN migration asap

Posted by Dave Brosius <db...@qis.net>.

> Vote to migrate to svn as soon as Infra and I can sort things out. The
> migration would use the following simple svn strategy that we agreed
> upon:

+1

Re: [vote] SVN migration asap

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> Vote to migrate to svn as soon as Infra and I can sort things out. The
> migration would use the following simple svn strategy that we agreed
> upon:

+1

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: [vote] SVN migration asap

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> writes:

>The process is one in which Infra setup a test repo briefly, so those
>watching the migration can check that it looks good, then they freeze
>the CVS and migrate into the proper asf repo. I doubt there'll be any
>problems with BCEL, it's an easy one. I've already checked all the
>binary files are properly binaried in CVS.

>[X] +1
>[ ] -1

"SVN is good".

	Regards
		Henning

What is more important to you...
   [ ] Product Security

Re: [vote] SVN migration asap

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 23:07 -0500, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Vote to migrate to svn as soon as Infra and I can sort things out. The
> migration would use the following simple svn strategy that we agreed
> upon:

+1