Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Krichevskiy Michael <kr...@nixsolutions.com> on 2013/09/23 12:20:34 UTC

How to find which maven dependencies are missing?

Hello.

I have a web project and a pom.xml file. It has enough dependencies to
compile and package but not enough to start the project. In my IDE it's
shown that everything is ok, but when a start the application it has
errors(internal, no matter what kind). When I add external pom.xml from
another app, my application launches.

So is there any way I can find out which dependencies are missing and how in
future I can determine which dependencies are needed for using this or that?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Re: How to find which maven dependencies are missing?

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
You ask a really good question but one that eludes answer.

It seems several experts believe Maven is good at compile dependencies but
not runtime dependencies. If you care to see some of those discussions in
another mailing list, here you go:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jigsaw-dev/2013-September/date.html

I also want a better way to know which runtime dependencies are missing,
but I don't have an answer for that. I typically have to examine a POM and
figure out which "optional" dependency I need through trial-and-error.

Paul

--
Cheers,
Paul