Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by daljeetsingh <da...@softhome.net> on 2001/05/06 15:47:00 UTC

Re[2]: Resource Bundle in Velocity

Implementation ideas: Lets see

I have used i18n taglibrary from TAGLIBS project and there is this
process that has to be carried out:

1. Load all (more than 1 can be loaded) the correct resource bundle
files. The locale object can be in your session / request object.

2. Refer to the keys wherever you want to show labels etc. Here if we
should have the possibility of sending a Object[] to the key. The tag
library does this by adding a messageArg tag within the message tag.

All this has to kind of reinvent the wheel? What do you think of the
idea where I can use the various tag libraries within my velocity
templates.

Thanks
Daljeet Singh
ecExperts India
Ph:- (O) +91-11-4670906
(R) +91-11-7125680
ICQ:- 75129600
Yahoo:- daljeetsinghmaken

Re[2]: Re[2]: Resource Bundle in Velocity

Posted by daljeetsingh <da...@softhome.net>.
Well I am new too. But I imagine having multiple resource bundle files
so that they can be managed properly in a bigger project environment.

So you might want to break the resource bundle files based on the
modules in your project. For example a set of resource files (for
different locales) for a module say cart management and than another set
of resources for say user management.

Than while preparing the UI designer/programmer can decide what
resources to load and use.

Daljeet Singh

Re: Resource Bundle in Velocity

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
daljeetsingh wrote:

> All this has to kind of reinvent the wheel? What do you think of the
> idea where I can use the various tag libraries within my velocity
> templates.

I would *love* that.  I have been thinking about that for a while - I
want to make a little framework where we can just hijack any tag library
made and use them from the context as tools.

geir

System and Software Consulting
"still climbing up to the shoulders..."

Re: Re[2]: Resource Bundle in Velocity

Posted by bob mcwhirter <bo...@werken.com>.
> Implementation ideas: Lets see
>
> I have used i18n taglibrary from TAGLIBS project and there is this
> process that has to be carried out:
>
> 1. Load all (more than 1 can be loaded) the correct resource bundle
> files. The locale object can be in your session / request object.

Admittedly, I'm still kinda new to i18n/l10n, but from my cursory
readings, don't you mostly end up with one bundle, chained to
others, providing 'fall-through' defaults kind of thing?

	-bob