Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark_E <ma...@trustvesta.com> on 2007/10/17 21:13:16 UTC

Installing Multiple Jars

Hello,
  In one of my projects, I not only build the default project jar, but I
also invoke a simple Ant Task to jar some optional classes into another jar.
These classes cannot live in the default jar but I need to put them into the
maven repository so that another project, that depends on them at compile
time, has access to them.

So given that, can anyone help point me to information on how to automate
this in the pom (adding the 2nd jar to the maven repository). I have looked
over the mavan-install-plugin information but it is not clear how I can do
it other then using the maven install:install-file command on the command
line.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Installing Multiple Jars

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.
why not a separate maven project?

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer

Re: Installing Multiple Jars

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Mark_E wrote:
> Hello,
>   In one of my projects, I not only build the default project jar, but I
> also invoke a simple Ant Task to jar some optional classes into another jar.
> These classes cannot live in the default jar but I need to put them into the
> maven repository so that another project, that depends on them at compile
> time, has access to them.
>
> So given that, can anyone help point me to information on how to automate
> this in the pom (adding the 2nd jar to the maven repository). I have looked
> over the mavan-install-plugin information but it is not clear how I can do
> it other then using the maven install:install-file command on the command
> line.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Have a look at the attach-artifact goal of the build-helper-maven-plugin

   http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/

--
Dennis Lundberg