Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be> on 2001/08/25 22:37:27 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-slide/src/share/org/apache/slide/common XMLUnmarshaller.java

Raj Kumar wrote:

> hi,
>   I am running the command line webdav client example Slide.java and the
> tomcat server on the server side.
>   When a perform a put operation on resource after performing a lock on the
> same resource the operation fails with 423 Locked status.Is this a
> bug.Should not a put operation succeed after  a lock on the same resource by
> the same client.
>     thanks,
>     rajkumar

Works for me...
Try to make a testcase.

Dirk

[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $ ls
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $ put t.bat test
Uploading  't.bat' to '/slide/files/test': succeeded.
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $ locks test
Server did not return a LockDiscoveryProperty.
OK (200)
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $ lock test
Locking '/slide/files/test': succeeded.
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $ locks test
Locks for /slide/files/test:
Exclusive write lock
   depth: infinity
   owner: /users
   timeout: 115
   token: opaquelocktoken:faketoken
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $ put k.bat test
Uploading  'k.bat' to '/slide/files/test': succeeded.
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $ locks test
Locks for /slide/files/test:
Exclusive write lock
   depth: infinity
   owner: /users
   timeout: 77
   token: opaquelocktoken:faketoken
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $ unlock test
Unlocking '/slide/files/test': succeeded.
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $ locks test
Server did not return a LockDiscoveryProperty.
No Content (204)
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-slide/src/share/org/apache/slide/common XMLUnmarshaller.java

Posted by Raj Kumar <ko...@intalio.com>.
hi  dirk,
  I am still getting the same error when i perform the a put operation on a
resource after performing a lock.It is probably because my code is from an
earlier slide release and this bug has been fixed in the later release. But
there is something i notice from the debug statements on the client and the
server side. The methods like Move and Put need to submit a lock
token/tokens in the IF header when they make a request to the server.From
the debug statements on the server side i did not see any lock tokens  being
sent to the server.Could this be the problem that the put method is failing
. If so do you have any idea in which file/class this problem may have been
fixed.
    rajkumar