Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu> on 2003/12/01 07:06:37 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Newbe::localhost and 127.0.0.1

innocent wrote:
> In this folder >> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS I don't have
> the /etc/ folder in it. My Hosts.sam file is stored in the WINDOWS
> directory and it have the required entry
>
> 127.0.0.1    localhost

The ".sam" means "sample" (according to previous discussion on this list),
so it isn't "active" until you rename it to just "hosts".

I'm not too good on Windows 9x/ME, but I don't think that this is your
problem. If the problem would have been related to this file, it would be
because this files already was "active" and didn't specify localhost, or
gave it the wrong IP.

You may be able to get around it, by correctly configure the hosts file, but
there is still something wrong in there. I cannot say what, though.

Regards,
Robert Andersson