Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Erik Dasque <ed...@silverstream.com> on 2000/03/07 15:25:51 UTC

In memory tree or strings ? Which is faster ?

All,

Here we are creating XML documents within what you'd call portal component and have a main object retrieve the XML code and process it through Xalan to get HTML.

Our component
  a.. deliver in-memory DOM trees
  b.. pass that to the Xalan processor
  c.. the XSLT document [a file somewhere] has already been parsed, its DOM tree cached and passed to Xalan
    [all this instead of strings,byte arrays, string buffers or InputStreams which would have to go through a non validating parser (correct ?)]

I made the following assumption : this is faster than giving Xalan 2 strings containing XML and XSLT ?

Am I correct ?

Ed.