Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Kevin Monaghan <mo...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2012/05/17 16:47:31 UTC

MergeException

Has anyone come across the exception below? I'm really not sure what would cause this to happen and how I can prevent it from occurring. I have a service that is constantly reading and writing to the index. It runs for anything up to about 30 hours and then terminates due to this exception. I'm using a RamIndexer for fast retrieval of documents and writing to FSDirectory on a background thread for persistence. I call commit after every insert/update/deletion on the FSDirectory. I don't call commit on the RAMDirectory but everytime I make a change to the RAM index I create a new IndexSearcher using the IndexReader from the RAM IndexWriter.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,Kev
Lucene.Net.Index.MergePolicy+MergeExceptionStack:   at Lucene.Net.Index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler.HandleMergeException(System.Exception)   at Lucene.Net.Index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler+MergeThread.Run()   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()