Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Christian Moen <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 07:39:20 UTC

Hive support in whirr

Hello whirr-dev,

Thanks a lot for whirr!  Is anyone working on a Hive service, yet?  My use case would be to easily install a cluster where multiple users can run Hive jobs.

Many thanks,

Christian

Re: Hive support in whirr

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 3:40 AM, Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, as far as I know. Feel free to add it :)
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WHIRR/How+To+Contribute
>
> I'm not sure but I think it's possible to run Hive on the local machine and
> connect it to  the Hadoop cluster deployed with Whirr.

Yes, this is supported by running a local metastore for Hive, though
it's not documented.

For multiple users sharing a metastore you want to run the metastore
on the cluster. This would be a welcome addition to Whirr!

Cheers,
Tom

Re: Hive support in whirr

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.