Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Oscar Retana <os...@gridshield.net> on 2004/10/05 03:33:19 UTC

Bayes problem: Interrupted system call

I am using SA3.0, and I have a heavy load of incoming email. When the
load is low, SA works fine. But I had to turn off bayes because SA was
getting stuck trying to the get the lock for the bayes databases, when
the load was high:

bayes.db_* R/W: lock failed: Interrupted system call
bayes.db_* R/W: lock failed: Interrupted system call
bayes.db_* R/W: lock failed: Interrupted system call

A thing I noticed was that the bayes database size was about 40MB, too
big, isn't? I think my configuration sets limits (I don't know if these
limits refers to tokens, bytes, kbytes, mbytes.... poorly documented).

But then, I reseted the databases, and the problem continued, even with
little databases.

Has anyone seen something like this?

A last quiestion: what should be for SA a heavy load?

Thanks a lot!

- Oscar.

P.S. For your reference, my bayes settings:

use_bayes 1
use_bayes_rules 1
bayes_auto_learn 1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam 0
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam 12
bayes_journal_max_size 50000
bayes_expiry_max_db_size 75000
bayes_auto_expire 1
bayes_path /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes/bayes.db
bayes_file_mode 0660