Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Alessandro di Marja <ad...@openconnect.ch> on 2001/04/27 13:34:25 UTC

Turbine Source

Hello!

I'm new to turbine mailinglist.

I look for the source codes of turbine, primarily for
the sources concerning ConnectionPooling.
I downloaded the tdk-1.1a13, but I didn't found those
source files. Also in the turbine-2.1-dev-unreleased.jar
(tdk/share/tdk-lib/) are only the compiled classes, but no source.
Does anybody know where I can find them?

thx adm

Oracle OCI8 driver

Posted by Gareth Coltman <ga...@majorband.co.uk>.
Hi,

I am trying to get Turbine to use the Oracle OCI8 driver because the pure
Java one seems quite slow. I have an Oracle client installtion on my machine
and working (I can connect through SLQ*PLUS), and I have added the drivers
to the lib directory. I also changed the Turbine.properties file so that
'thin' become 'oci8' in the url string. Upon trying to get a connection i
get:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.sql.SQLException:
ORA-06401: NETCMN: invalid driver designator

	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
	at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.check_error(OCIDBAccess.java:1597)
	at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:354)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:249)
	at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:365)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:260)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)
	at
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getConnection(OracleDataSource.java:111)
	at
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.getPhysicalConnection(Oracle
ConnectionPoolDataSource.java:98)
	at
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(OracleCo
nnectionPoolDataSource.java:77)
	at
org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.ConnectionPool.getNewConnection(ConnectionPo
ol.java:489)
	at
org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.
java:339)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.db.TurbinePoolBrokerService.getConnection(Turbin
ePoolBrokerService.java:170)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.db.TurbinePoolBrokerService.getConnection(Turbin
ePoolBrokerService.java:144)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.db.TurbineDB.getConnection(TurbineDB.java:170)

According to the Oracle website, this means my client installation is out of
date, but I have version 8.1.17, and the DLL downloaded with the driver is
exactly the same as the one already on my system.

Any clues?

Gareth

Re: Turbine Source

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.