Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2001/01/16 18:58:40 UTC

BugRat Report #783 has been filed.

Bug report #783 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/783>

REPORT #783 Details.

Project: Servlet API
Category: Feature Requests
SubCategory: Enhancement
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 4.0.b1
   JVM Release: 1.3
   Operating System: Linux (Mandrake)
   OS Release: 7.2
   Platform: Intel

Synopsis:
req.getInputStream()  causes req.getParameterNames() to hang 60-80 seconds.

I have written a simple servlet to test Unicode input encoding.  It will alternatly read the servlet request input stream and decode the stream into parameters, then use getParameterNames() and getParameterValues() to read the parameters.  The two methods should return the same string.  (They do not).
In my first testing against Catalina 4.0.b1 I notice extremely long response time, and the jvm associated with the servlet is spinning in execute state for up to 3 minutes whenever I read the servlet input stream before getting the parameter names and values.  When I read the parameter names and values, the jvm executes a normal amount of time.