Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2003/08/10 18:26:05 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache::ASP v2.55 released

Hi,

The latest version of Apache::ASP v2.55 has been released.  The biggest
improvement is no longer loading Apache::compat for running under mod_perl2.
For the rest of the changes in this release, please see below.

To get the latest, install from your local CPAN, and also:

   http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Apache/

For more information on the Apache::ASP project, please see:

   http://www.apache-asp.org

Regards,

Josh

$VERSION = 2.55; $DATE="08/09/2003"

  - Bug fixes for running on standalone CGI mode on Win32 submitted
    by Francesco Pasqualini

  + Added Apache::ASP::Request::BINMODE for binmode() being
    called on STDIN after STDIN is tied to $Request object

  + New RequestBinaryRead configuration created, may be turned off
    to prevent $Request object from reading POST data

  ++ mod_perl 2 optmizations, there was a large code impact on this,
    as much code was restructured to reduce the differences between
    mod_perl 1 and mod_perl 2, most importantly, Apache::compat is
    no longer used

  + preloaded CGI for file uploads in the mod_perl environment

  - When XSLT config is set, $Response->Redirect() should work now
    Thanks to Marcus Zoller for pointing problem out

  + Added CookieDomain setting, documented, and added test to cover
    it in t/cookies.t . Setting suggested by Uwe Riehm, who nicely
    submitted some code for this.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache::ASP v2.55 released

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> Josh Chamas wrote:
>
>> The latest version of Apache::ASP v2.55 has been released.  The biggest
>> improvement is no longer loading Apache::compat for running under
>> mod_perl2.
>

> Has this affected the performance measurements you made earlier in any way?

Not really.  I was working on the port away from Apache::compat during
the benchmarking, so the results I posted before largely reflect the porting work.
I do not believe there was much of a performance impact regardless, there is
so much runtime overhead to Apache::ASP, that the difference was probably on
the order of 5% or so if any.  There might have also been a small amount
of memory savings as well, but I remember it to be on the order of a
200-300K or so across 20 processes ( things preloaded as usual ).

Regards,

Josh

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache::ASP v2.55 released

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Josh Chamas wrote:
> The latest version of Apache::ASP v2.55 has been released.  The biggest
> improvement is no longer loading Apache::compat for running under
> mod_perl2.

Has this affected the performance measurements you made earlier in any way?

- Perrin