Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/08 19:39:35 UTC

[s2] JSP or Freemarker or Velocity ?

Is one of the view technologies recommended or better supported than the others?

I've started with the archetype, which is using Freemarker and
Sitemesh, neither of which I'm familiar with.

Before I switch to JSP and Tiles, (assuming I can figure out how...)
is there anything I should know?  (As in, am I going to make my life
more difficult?)

--
Wendy

Re: [s2] JSP or Freemarker or Velocity ?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
>From a project perspective, they are all supported equally, and I
believe we have committers that are using one or the other in
production.

We tend to provide most of the examples in JSP, since most people are
at least familiar with JSP (lowest common denominator).

How close are we to a stable Tiles? If the Tiles plugin is beta, then
the archetype would have to be beta too.

-Ted.

--
HTH, Ted.
* http://www.husted.com/struts/

Re: [s2] JSP or Freemarker or Velocity ?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
> I've started with the archetype, which is using Freemarker and
> Sitemesh, neither of which I'm familiar with.

If you mean you're starting a project, you might want to start with
the blank application instead. It's designed so that you don't have
rip stuff out just to get started :)

-Ted.

RE: [s2] JSP or Freemarker or Velocity ?

Posted by Juan Espinosa <pc...@adinet.com.uy>.
Im doing some testing with sitemes and i have problem with decorator and
excludes with the urls.
When i call an action like /Login.action that returns me a login.jsp page,
the jsp page is not
decorated because the url in the browser is /Login.action and not the
resource i want to show.

To solve it i must put the pattern in exclude and in the decorator in this
way

<patern>/Login.action*</pattern>