Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ph...@free.fr on 2005/07/05 15:33:49 UTC

non-web app in tomcat

Hello all,

I need an advice : I have to develop an application which will be called by
other apps in the same server -- all the "callers" are wep apps stored in a
tomcat instance. This application is not a web app, but it has to access the
same resources (database), so I thought that the easiest would be to store this
non-web app in tomcat too.

This app has to be "launchable" :
- case 1 : by web apps stored in tomcat
- case 2 : by a scheduled task

My question is : which framework/technology should I use to develop this app ?
What communication ways would you advice me to use in both cases ?

Thanks !

Philippe