Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Alessandra Donnini <a....@etcware.it> on 2012/05/25 20:50:42 UTC

custom vocabulary data file deploy

I tried to deploy my custom vocabulary in  <code>{root}/sling/datafiles</code> as specified in customvocabulary.mdtext
but the only ...sling/datafiles directory in trunk (0.10) installation is ./enhancer/engines/topic/sling/datafiles

In another text file I found:
"To install the data you need copy this file to the
"/sling/datafiles" folder within the working directory of your Stanbol Server."

I didn't understand where is the working directory of my Stanbol server, expecially for this trunk. In the previous 0.9 version I had launchers/sling/datafiles directory. In this new trunk I don't find it.
Alessandra

Alessandra Donnini
Etcware s.r.l. via Etna 13 - 00141 Roma
a.donnini@etcware.it
mobile +39 333 8914865
tel/fax 06 64495131

Re: custom vocabulary data file deploy

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
On 25.05.2012, at 20:50, Alessandra Donnini wrote:

> I tried to deploy my custom vocabulary in  <code>{root}/sling/datafiles</code> as specified in customvocabulary.mdtext
> but the only ...sling/datafiles directory in trunk (0.10) installation is ./enhancer/engines/topic/sling/datafiles

{root} refers to the "user.dir" of the JavaVM running the Stanbol.

If you follow the steps described on [1] the datafiles directory will be created during the first Stanbol is started by calling

    java -Xmx1g -jar stable/target/org.apache.stanbol.launchers.stable-{snapshot-version}-SNAPSHOT.jar

NOTE however that starting with {snapshot-version} "0.10.0" the default home directory for Stanbol was renamed from "{user.dir}/sling" was renamed to "{user.dir}/stanbol". So the datafiles folder will be located under "{user.dir}/stanbol/datafiles"

BTW: Best practice is to copy the launcher jar (located in "{trunk}/lanuchers/{stable/full}/targert/" to an folder e.g. "/opt/stanbol-0.10/" because otherwise recompiling Stanbol with "mvn clean install" would delete your current Stanbol configuration.

hope this helps
best
Rupert

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/stanbol/docs/trunk/tutorial.html