Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by shirui zhao <zh...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/20 07:21:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] Proposal: Use radixtree-host-uri as default routing algorithm

WHY
For a long time, Apache APISIX uses radixtree-uri as the default route algorithm, which only matches the route according to the request uri.
Now more and more users use Apache APISIX to handle north-south traffic. They often use host to distinguish different backend services and just using request URIs to distinguish different routes usually cannot meet user needs.

HOW
For a better user experience, we plan to use radixtree-host-uri as the default route algorithm. In this way, routes can be distinguished based on host and request uri.

If your business scenario is more suitable to use radixtree-uri, you can still configure and use it in config.yaml.

--
*Shirui Zhao*
My GitHub: https://github.com/soulbird <https://github.com/soulbird>

Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal: Use radixtree-host-uri as default routing algorithm

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
This is a configuration item that users can modify for their usage
scenarios.
If it's just for `user experience`, I'm against it.

Thanks,
Ming Wen, Apache APISIX PMC Chair
Twitter: _WenMing

shirui zhao <zh...@gmail.com> 于2022年9月20日周二 15:22写道: