[T5.1] Doctype disappearing when deployed on production server

Hi,

I've got the strange problem of my DOCTYPE disappearing when I depoly
my war (using T5.1.0.0-SNAPSHOT) on a Fedora Core box running resin.
Locally all is fine on OSX and jetty. They both run with
tapestry.production-mode=false. The component defining the doctype
(HtmlHeadBody.tml) is as follows (simplified):

<DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
<head>
    <title>${title}</title>
</head>
    <t:body/>

Is this a tapestry setting I am missing or is there another problem
playing here? Any clues would be highly appreciated.

Regards and happy coding,
Joost

Re: [T5.1] Doctype disappearing when deployed on production server

Ok, after a few weeks of ignoring the problem I git back to it and
managed to fix it. It turned out to be completely Tapestry unrelated.
Resin contributes its own XMLReader which seems to completely ignore
DOCTYPE's. Making Resin use xerces in stead by adding this system
property to the resin conf fixed it.

<system-property org.xml.sax.driver="org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser"/>

That only took me about 2 months ;-)
Cheers,
Joost

Re: Adding additional Textinput fields during runtime

Posted by nillehammer <ta...@winfonet.eu>.
Hi Toby,
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Loop.html

The example "Forms and Loops Example" might give you, what you are
looking for.
Cheers nillehammer

Posted by su...@gmx.de.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<jo...@jsportal.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still battling this problem and am absolutely lost for reasons why
> this is happening. If someone is out there who give me some pointers
> why the DOCTYPE might be dropped on resin and not on jetty, it would
> be highly appreciated.
>
> I setup a completely isolated webapp to test this single problem:
> http://www.jsportal.com/doctest/start
>
> The source Start.tml:

> "http://www.w3c.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
> <head>
> <title>test page</title>
> </head>
>
> the resulting html:
> <head>
> <link href="assets/5.1.0.0-JS-SNAPSHOT/tapestry/default.css"
> rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></link>
> <title>test page</title>
> </head>
>
> Could it be a character encoding problem? If so, which piece of code
> does any validation that might cut off the DOCTYPE?
>
> Thanks very much,
> Joost
>
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Joost Schouten (mailing lists)
> <jo...@jsportal.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got the strange problem of my DOCTYPE disappearing when I depoly
>> my war (using T5.1.0.0-SNAPSHOT) on a Fedora Core box running resin.
>> Locally all is fine on OSX and jetty. They both run with
>> tapestry.production-mode=false. The component defining the doctype
>> (HtmlHeadBody.tml) is as follows (simplified):
>>
>> <DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>> <head>
>>    <title>${title}</title>
>> </head>
>>    <t:body/>
>>
>> Is this a tapestry setting I am missing or is there another problem
>> playing here? Any clues would be highly appreciated.
>>
>> Regards and happy coding,
>> Joost

Howard M. Lewis Ship