Posted to announce@apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@apache.org> on 2017/05/23 17:06:57 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Arrow 0.4.0 released

The Apache Arrow community is pleased to announce the 0.4.0 release. It
includes 77 resolved issues ([1]) since the 0.3.0 release.

The release is available now from our website and [2]:
    http://arrow.apache.org/install/

Read about what's new in the release
    http://arrow.apache.org/blog/2017/05/23/0.4.0-release/

Changelog
    http://arrow.apache.org/release/0.4.0.html

What is Apache Arrow?
---------------------

Apache Arrow is a columnar in-memory analytics layer designed to accelerate big
data. It houses a set of canonical in-memory representations of flat and
hierarchical data along with multiple language-bindings for structure
manipulation. It also provides low-overhead streaming and batch messaging,
zero-copy interprocess communication (IPC), and common algorithm
implementations.

Please report any feedback to the mailing lists ([3])

Regards,
The Apache Arrow community

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ARROW%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.4.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC
[2]: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/arrow/arrow-0.4.0/
[3]: https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@arrow.apache.org

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Arrow 0.4.0 released

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@apache.org>.
Thank you. I will update the website to use the mirroring system and
make sure to use this for future release announcements and download
links.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.