Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org> on 2013/04/18 10:06:02 UTC

What's up with Jenkins?

Who knows what's going on with this thing?

Maven code 143 happens when the process gets killed but the last build was
running for only 26 mins. Our build timeout is set to 480 minutes (!) in
the Jenkins config.

Mike

Re: What's up with Jenkins?

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
Hmm strange. So I checked with someone who is a Jenkins committer and he
said that the build timeout plugin only takes into account active time, not
waiting time. Assuming that's true then this process killing stuff is still
a mystery.

Mike

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@cloudera.com

Re: What's up with Jenkins?

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Re: What's up with Jenkins?

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.

Re: What's up with Jenkins?

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
We've been experiencing similar issue on Sqoop in recent past as well. I was able to google out that exit code 143 means SIGTERM signal. Additional googling has suggested that the signal might be sent by OOM killer, but as I do not have access to the physical boxes, I wasn't able to verify that. At least on Sqoop the issue "solved itself" in couple of days, so I wasn't pursuing it further lately.

Re: What's up with Jenkins?

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.