Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org> on 2022/12/30 19:44:45 UTC

Managed build on Ubuntu 22.04 but I had to change some stuff.

Hello all,

I managed to Build AOO trunk on Ubuntu 22.04. The build has been rough
and with a lot of Issues.

I would like to write the issues here for documentation.

1, 2 and 3 are Issues on the old dependencies we build. All other Issues
was on our Code as far as I understand.

1) CoinMP

1.1) dmake builds with C17 standard

I have seen a lot of warnings that register is not allowed to use with
C++17 Standard.

(I worked around from building the Library directly and then use dmake
in order to continue.)

1.2) Macro Variable not set.

In the file CoinFinite.cpp  the following code has not worked through:

[...]

#ifdef HAVE_CFLOAT
# include <cfloat>

[...]

I was not able to figure out how to fix this. I did just add the include
line again without the ifdef condition.

2)SQLite

I had to do 3 Adjustments.

2.1) in one line is follort by an assert statement, which triggers a
error in g++.

workaround: Added a linebreak

2.2) A warning that a Pointer is returned.

See following discussion:

https://sqlite.org/forum/info/eadcdb7058803d20

In fact I added following Change:

https://www.sqlite.org/src/vdiff?branch=cgo-warning-workaround&dc=20

Just be carefull with line 143. Just add pAllocated =

3) Boost

I had to change the file

main/solver/450/unxlngx6/inc/boost/mpl/assert.hpp

I ended up changing and commenting out:

//template< typename Pred >(Pred::assert_arg( void (*)(Pred), typename
assert_arg_pred<Pred>::type ));
//template< typename Pred >(boost::mpl::not_<Pred>::assert_not_arg( void
(*)(Pred), typename assert_arg_pred_not<Pred>::type ));

I am not sure if this is a local issue, or if this is in general. The
lines look odd. (it is line 186 if you want to have a look.)

4) osl mutex

main/sal/osl/unx/mutex.c

I commented out the following code:
#if defined LINUX /* bad hack /
int pthread_mutexattr_setkind_np(pthread_mutexattr_t *, int);
#define pthread_mutexattr_settype pthread_mutexattr_setkind_np
#define PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE_NP
#endif

Not sure what the background is, but it compiled afterwards.

5)  CUI

main/cui/Library_cui.mk

I had this issue before. And I am not able to figure out what the issue
is exactly. Maybe my version number is wrong.

$(eval $(call gb_Library_add_defs,cui,
-DBUILD_VER_STRING="$(BUILD_VER_STRING)" ))

So I skipped the line for now:

My line:

--with-build-version="aoo4ever-$(date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") - $(uname
-sm)\n ${GitHash}"

I will have a look if I can change something in order to improve this.

I had no other issues with the build. Especially the Issue Matthias has
reported did not appear.

I will keep looking on the Issues Matthias has reported. I assume this
is more a Windows Issue.

I hope this information is useful to some.

Have a good new years end party. :)

All the best

Peter

Re: Managed build on Ubuntu 22.04 but I had to change some stuff.

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
> Hi Peter,
>
> What version of make do you use?

Ahh thanks. Ubuntu uses 4.3 which you said already reported as not an issue.

I will have to look at different systems.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Peter,

Posted by Yury Tarasievich <yu...@gmail.com>.
On 31/12/2022 12:32, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> FWIW, I'm using for a year and a half the AOO
>> trunk built from source in C++11 mode, with
>> GCC 10 through 12 (Slackware current).

(If you're going to search for it, the patch I'm
still applying is dated June 19, 2021. I've
definitely reported it working here in the list.)

>> However, in recent such builds 'macro
>> security' button (Options- OpenOffice -
>> Security dialog) stopped responding,

> What GUI Do you use? Have you opened a BZ report
> for this? We might need to investigate.

Both gen and gtk frontends have the issue. No, I
didn't open a ticket, as I feel that folks in
the team are already hard-pressed for time and
resources.

BTW, what's the, like, good empirical
rule/ruleset for finding the method/procedure
dealing with something in UI, like, e.g. that
button?

-Yury

Re: Managed build on Ubuntu 22.04 but I had to change some stuff.

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Thanks Yuri,

Am 31.12.22 um 07:36 schrieb Yury Tarasievich:
> On 30/12/2022 22:44, Peter Kovacs wrote:
> > I managed to Build AOO trunk on Ubuntu 22.04.
> > The build has been rough and with a lot of Issues.
>
> FWIW, I'm using for a year and a half the AOO trunk built from source
> in C++11 mode, with GCC 10 through 12 (Slackware current). I believe
> I've posted the patch here, and it still works (allows building in my
> configuration).
I check for the patch.

Posted by Yury Tarasievich <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: 41X fails to build in Ubuntu 18.04 (was Re: Fails to build on Pop!_OS 18.04)

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
Hi Arrigo

No, it was the opposite. I always install only openjdk-8-jdk-headless (as instructed in https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step_Linux#Ubuntu_18.04 ) and this always worked before.

> On Ubuntu 18.04 the package containing the libraries (.so files) is
> "openjdk-8-jdk-headless", whereas the package containing the header
> files is "openjdk-8-jdk".
>
> I hope this helps. If not... sorry for the noise!

I tried installing also "openjdk-8-jdk" from your suggestion and it solved the problem.

Maybe there was a change in the way the dependencies for Java are defined...

In any case that means that the requirements for setting up the compilation environment slightly changed.

Thank you very much!

All the best,
Pedro

Re: 41X fails to build in Ubuntu 18.04 (was Re: Fails to build on Pop!_OS 18.04)

Posted by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.
Dear All,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 11:10:21PM +0000, Pedro Lino wrote:

> > On 01/24/2023 9:59 PM WET Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > strange. I have:
> >
> > /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/lib/amd64/libjawt.so
> > /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/include/jawt.h
> > /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/include/linux/jawt_md.h
> > /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/libjawt.so
>
> I also have them on my "old" disk with Ubuntu 18.04 (installed in April 2018). This one was installed last week.

Wild guess: did you install the "jdk" package?
You may have installed the "jre" only.

On Ubuntu 18.04 the package containing the libraries (.so files) is
"openjdk-8-jdk-headless", whereas the package containing the header
files is "openjdk-8-jdk".

I hope this helps. If not... sorry for the noise!

Best regards,
--
Arrigo

Re: Fails to build on Pop!_OS 18.04

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi,

Am 24.01.23 um 02:23 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 11:48 PM Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Peter, all
>>
>>> On 01/23/2023 11:33 AM WET Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> yes, but it looks on disk like the following?
>>>
>>> ls /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64
>>> ASSEMBLY_EXCEPTION  bin  docs  include  jre  lib  man  src.zip
>>> THIRD_PARTY_README
>> Yes
>> ls /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64
>> ASSEMBLY_EXCEPTION  docs     jre  man      THIRD_PARTY_README
>> bin                 include  lib  src.zip
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> In your --with-jdk-home directory, do you have these files:
>
> include/jawt.h
> include/linux/jawt_md.h
>
> And what is your SOLARINC environment variable set to? After "source
> LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh", run "echo $SOLARINC" and post the results. It
> should contain the directory that the above include/linux/jawt_md.h is in.
>
> SOLARINC is set within set_soenv.in, and might need adjustment for Pop!_OS.
> It depends on what config.guess gave, so it would also help to see the
> output of ./config.guess (under main/).

Our config.guess in AOO41X is *really* old.

Maybe we should update it to that version that we use in trunk/AOO42X?

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: 41X fails to build in Ubuntu 18.04 (was Re: Fails to build on Pop!_OS 18.04)

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
> On 01/24/2023 9:59 PM WET Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> strange. I have:
>
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/lib/amd64/libjawt.so
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/include/jawt.h
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/include/linux/jawt_md.h
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/libjawt.so

I also have them on my "old" disk with Ubuntu 18.04 (installed in April 2018). This one was installed last week.

The only difference (besides the time) is that this one runs on UEFI and the old one on BIOS (aka Legacy) boot mode.
Could this be related?

I still have the feeling that those files were installed by a previous version of Java 8 (and are leftovers) while if you install from scratch with the latest Java they are no longer included...

Best,
Pedro

Re: 41X fails to build in Ubuntu 18.04 (was Re: Fails to build on Pop!_OS 18.04)

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 7:21 PM Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi Damjan
>
> > On 01/24/2023 1:23 AM WET Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > In your --with-jdk-home directory, do you have these files:
> >
> > include/jawt.h
> > include/linux/jawt_md.h
>
> No, those 2 files are not there. Maybe it is not included in build 352 of
> Java 8?

Can you please run:
find /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64 | grep jawt

> > And what is your SOLARINC environment variable set to? After "source
> > LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh", run "echo $SOLARINC" and post the results. It
> > should contain the directory that the above include/linux/jawt_md.h is
> in.
>
> It does contain the directory -I/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/include

Let's see all of it, eg. is
-I/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/include/linux there?

> > SOLARINC is set within set_soenv.in, and might need adjustment for
> Pop!_OS.
> > It depends on what config.guess gave, so it would also help to see the
> > output of ./config.guess (under main/)
>
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>
> Maybe the solution is to install a previous version of Java 8?

Unlikely, we even support Java 9.

> Thanks!
> Pedro

Damjan

41X fails to build in Ubuntu 18.04 (was Re: Fails to build on Pop!_OS 18.04)

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
Hi Damjan

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
Hi Peter, all

> On 01/23/2023 11:33 AM WET Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> yes, but it looks on disk like the following?
>
> ls /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64
> ASSEMBLY_EXCEPTION  bin  docs  include  jre  lib  man  src.zip
> THIRD_PARTY_README

Yes

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
Hi Peter

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
Yes

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
> On 01/04/2023 12:33 PM WET Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Jan 4, 2023 at 1:47 PM Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I'm testing a UEFI compatible Linux OS named Pop!_OS
> > Compiling 41X fails on bean with messages
> >
> > WARNING(S):
> > Some modules contain old output trees! Please check: bean
> >
> > =============
> > Building module bean
> > =============
> >
> > Entering /source/openoffice/main/bean/com/sun/star/comp/beans
> >

> > Entering /source/openoffice/main/bean/native/unix
> >
> > Compiling: beans/native/unix/com_sun_star_comp_beans_LocalOfficeWindow.c
> > com_sun_star_comp_beans_LocalOfficeWindow.c:35:10: fatal error: jawt_md.h:
> > No such file or directory
> >  #include "jawt_md.h"
> >           ^~~~~~~~~~~
> > compilation terminated.
> > dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../
> > unxlngx6.pro/slo/com_sun_star_comp_beans_LocalOfficeWindow.obj'
> >

> > Any tips/instructions that a non-dev can follow?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Pedro
> >

> Hi Pedro
>
> What Java version do you have installed?
>
> Regard
> Damjan

Hi Damjan

openjdk version "1.8.0_352"