Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> on 2013/09/18 20:04:00 UTC

Remote Resources Plugin issue

I noticed while building on the plane today that I get this issue with the remote-resources-plugin:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.5:process (default) on project apache-maven: Error rendering velocity resource. Invocation of method 'getResourceAsFile' in  class org.codehaus.plexus.resource.DefaultResourceManager threw exception org.codehaus.plexus.resource.loader.ResourceNotFoundException: Could not find resource 'https://glassfish.java.net/public/CDDLv1.0.html'. at remote-resources[line 40, column 26] -> [Help 1]

This is not an issue with version 1.4. Anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it before I go looking. This is a bad regression as it prevents builds from completing where you are not connected to the internet even if you have a local repository manager running.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: Remote Resources Plugin issue

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sep 18, 2013, at 2:04 PM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:

> I noticed while building on the plane today that I get this issue with the remote-resources-plugin:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.5:process (default) on project apache-maven: Error rendering velocity resource. Invocation of method 'getResourceAsFile' in  class org.codehaus.plexus.resource.DefaultResourceManager threw exception org.codehaus.plexus.resource.loader.ResourceNotFoundException: Could not find resource 'https://glassfish.java.net/public/CDDLv1.0.html'. at remote-resources[line 40, column 26] -> [Help 1]
>
> This is not an issue with version 1.4. Anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it before I go looking. This is a bad regression as it prevents builds from completing where you are not connected to the internet even if you have a local repository manager running.

This would only be with the main Maven build.   We HAVE to have the full text for all the licenses available in the binary distribution.  Thus, in apache-maven/src/main/appended-resources/META-INF/LICENSE.vm you will see it uses the URL's from the dependent poms to download the various licenses.   Eventually, I wanted to get it updated to store the licenses in the .m2/repository someplace, but didn't have the time to pursue that.   Feel free to tackle it.

--
Daniel Kulp