Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/03/16 23:45:17 UTC

Refactoring flow examples

Ovidiu did a great job showing how the flow could be well integrated
into complex publishing pipelines with the samples we have today, but I
think this is scaring away people that have to simply understand how
things work.

Also, those samples are now dependent on the presence of the
documentation in the context, which is not to be assumed since it can be
excluded from the build independently from the samples.

Moreover, documentation is contained in the samples, but it should live
in the real documentation.

So, would anybody mind if I:

- refactor the flow samples to make them easier to understand from newbies

- remove dependencies on context://docs

- move the flow documentation into the real documentation

thoughts?

Stefano.

Re: Refactoring flow examples

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Ovidiu did a great job showing how the flow could be well integrated
> into complex publishing pipelines with the samples we have today, but
> I think this is scaring away people that have to simply understand how
> things work.
>
> Also, those samples are now dependent on the presence of the
> documentation in the context, which is not to be assumed since it can
> be excluded from the build independently from the samples.
>
> Moreover, documentation is contained in the samples, but it should
> live in the real documentation.
>
> So, would anybody mind if I:
>
> - refactor the flow samples to make them easier to understand from
> newbies
>
> - remove dependencies on context://docs
>
> - move the flow documentation into the real documentation
>
> thoughts?

Sounds wonderful.

Vadim