Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Czaban <c...@dgt.com.pl> on 2009/10/25 00:58:30 UTC

ActiveMQ - how to makes it stable - don't care about performance - what is the best practise?

Hello, we would like to setup the instance of ActiveMQ 5.3 with the best
factor of stability - we do not need high performance at all. What is the
best practice and configuration for this issue?

Best regards
Piotr

Re: ActiveMQ - how to makes it stable - don't care about performance - what is the best practise?

Posted by Czaban <c...@dgt.com.pl>.

>What sort of instability are you seeing?  If there were some specific
>areas than people could comment on how they've addressed them.

Producer can send the message, but consumer nothing get.
There is two ActiveMQ servers and C# clients with failover on.

>what hardware are you using? or virtualization?
Dell servers
>what os (for clients and server)?
Centos 4.4
>how many brokers are you intending to run and how will you network them?
Two.
>how many queues do you intend to use?
2000 queues
  - how many topics do you intend to use?
10 topics
  - how many producers or consumers are you expecting?
4000
  - what sort of message volume are you expecting?
less then 1kb
  - what protocol will you be using? jms, stomp, etc..?
openwire version 2

Best regards
Piotr

Posted by Mitch Granger <mi...@sophos.com>.
What sort of instability are you seeing?  If there were some specific
areas than people could comment on how they've addressed them.

Also setting that gave stability for one person may not work for
everyone.  Some good things to know would be: