Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net> on 2007/04/10 15:52:31 UTC

Link between ecommerce app and CMS

Dear all!

I have read this:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup +Guide

and I have been digging through the ofbiz-component.xml and
controller.xml of the ecommerce application.

Did I get it right that the content displayed in my storefront (when I
look at http://my.domain.com:8080/ecommerce/control/main technically is
a website maintained through the content application of OFBiz?

If yes, I have been reading the source of the class

org.ofbiz.content.cms.CmsEvents

This uses a websiteID as the main parameter to find out what website to
render, I guess:

String webSiteId = (String) session.getAttribute("webSiteId");

But I cannot find the link in the ecommerce application where that
webSiteId sesstion attribute is set for the CmsEvents to pick it up.

Another way of asking the question would be:

If I create a new website in the CMS and I make a copy of the ecommerce
webapp, where would I have to connect that new webapp to that new website?

Regards,
Torsten

Re: Link between ecommerce app and CMS

Posted by Amine AZZI <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Torsten,

The Web site Id is set in the web.xml file of the ecommece application.

Amine.