Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2003/10/30 09:04:48 UTC

An idea about j2ee.jar

Hi,

I wanted to deploy the eclipse runner plugin and I noticed that we are
bundling the j2ee jar in it. This is not allowed. I could easily modify
the build.xml file so that we only distribute the servlet jar. However,
we will need to the j2ee jar soon enough (when we support EJB
redirectors, etc).

One idea I've just had is the following:

As we are running our tests in a container, the container must already
have a copy of the j2ee/servlet jars. Thus why not take advantage of the
fact that the container is already installed on client machines?

Thus, the idea is to modify our <cactus> task implementation and,
depending on the container being executed, automatically add the
j2ee/servlet jar to the client side classpath.

What do you think?

Thanks
-Vincent