Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Richard Hightower <rh...@arc-mind.com> on 2004/01/13 19:45:45 UTC

OT RE: Deprecated: ActionError

It's is hard to argue with sound reasoning like canine's genitalia and queen
of abomination.

What don't you like about this? You never stated a reason.

:)

The html:errors tag forces you to put HMTL markup in the resource bundle.

EVIL! (sorry I could not think of a something catchy like canine's
genitalia)

Resource bundles are for I18N not HTML markup.

I don't see a problem with <html:errors property="foo" />.

I am trying to understand. What is the beef?

Rick Hightower
Developer

Struts/J2EE training -- http://www.arc-mind.com/strutsCourse.htm

Struts/J2EE consulting --
http://www.arc-mind.com/consulting.htm#StrutsMentoring

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.
Now i know that the deprecation of ActionErrors != deprecation of

no beef at all. I just don't like

<logic:messagesPresent bla bla

works just fine, no formatting in props file.

thats enough, i'll leave these folk to get back to their work. and i'll
continue lurking on the list rather than talking.

cheers mark