Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Javi Roman <jr...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/21 06:22:25 UTC

Apache Slider and Apache Myriad

FYI

Regarding the recent conversation about YARN applications development
via Apache Slider, as a different approach for creating data services
applications on Apache Mesos (via Myriad,) "article 4" here [1], will
probably have to wait until the resolution of this discussion at
Apache Slider list [2]. Basically the Slider community is discussing
about the retirement of the project, because the Slider core is being
included in Hadoop 3 [3].

[1] https://goo.gl/RVkFUF
[2] https://goo.gl/CPR2TF
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-5079