Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tracy12 <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/09 08:33:50 UTC

Re: Minimized Window State NOT working-NOT SOLVED

Yes it appeared everything is fine as per the following solution, but that is
not the case.

What happens is, This will work only for the portlet where user just
minimized. If user tries to minimize another portlet the previous one get
Expanded, It looks to me server is not detected the portlet has allready
been minized. For correct functionaliy the server should be remembering this
information.

Is this a bug some where?

Let me know how to proceed on this.

Thanks

Posted by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com>.
I doubt, the reason is, before struts 2, we developed
all portlets using struts-bridge, there the
functionality works fine same container, Due to this
reason I dont think this is a portal container bug.

It looks to me for some reason for previously
minimized portlets in render method it gives as
'normal' for the window state.

It gives minimized only for the recently minimized
portlet.

--- Nils-Helge Garli <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > > not invoke any of the portlet mode rendering
> methods."
> > >
> > > The Jsr168Dispatcher in Struts 2 does not extend
> GenericPortlet (it
> > > just implements the Portlet interface, since the
> handling of modes is
> > > a bit different from a "regular" portlet), so
> this logic is missing.
> > > This means, that for now, the responsibility of
> what is rendered in
> > > the minimized state is up to the developer.
> > >
> > > I'll create an improvment request in the JIRA
> for adding default
> > > window state handling to the Struts 2 portlet
> dispatcher.
> > >
> > > For now, a workaround would be to subclass the
> Jsr168Dispatcher (or
> > > modify it directly) and in the render method, do
> something like

if(!request.getWindowState().equals(WindowState.MINIMIZED))

http://www.nabble.com/Minimized-Window-State-NOT-working-tf3974216.html#a11496664

=== message truncated ===

Re: Minimized Window State NOT working-NOT SOLVED

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi!