Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Gary Aitken <op...@dreamchaser.org> on 2012/06/23 20:26:33 UTC

using a form to search or step through database records

This is probably a dumb question, but is it possible to use a form to search within a database?

I created a form for a table in a mysql database.  When I activate the form, the first record in the table is displayed.  Is there a "next" and "previous" button somewhere to move to the next record?  I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't seem to find a way to do this.

If I try to use the search button, it always says "not found".  It doesn't seem to find any label text in the current form, any data text in the current form, or any new record in the table to which the form is connected.  What is the search looking at and how do I make it work?

Thanks for any hints,

Gary

Re: using a form to search or step through database records

Posted by Reizinger Zoltán <zr...@hdsnet.hu>.
2012.06.23. 20:26 keltezéssel, Gary Aitken írta:
> This is probably a dumb question, but is it possible to use a form to search within a database?
>
> I created a form for a table in a mysql database.  When I activate the form, the first record in the table is displayed.  Is there a "next" and "previous" button somewhere to move to the next record?  I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't seem to find a way to do this.
>
> If I try to use the search button, it always says "not found".  It doesn't seem to find any label text in the current form, any data text in the current form, or any new record in the table to which the form is connected.  What is the search looking at and how do I make it work?
>
> Thanks for any hints,
  Use record search from "Form navigation Toolbar", binocular looks same.
Zoltan